• Shenny Walker
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 6 months ago #3129 by Shenny Walker
Career question was created by Shenny Walker
I have a question to Mr. Reinoehl:

Over his career, what would he say is the most difficult part(s) of wire manufacturing? Human error, technical, equipment?? And what is the most rewarding success he had?

Thank you,
Shenny

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #3132 by Matthew Reinoehl
Replied by Matthew Reinoehl on topic Career question
Skenny,
For me, probably like many other engineering types, I find equipment to be easier than people. As I think about difficulties there are maybe half a dozen examples that come to mind but they all center around clearly communicating to an individual coworker or to a group. I can have the clearest picture of what is going on in my mind, but I must consciously slow down and explain. I talked about slip and it is fairly simple at its core but putting the words together to explain it is hard so having a video like the one from my presentation paints a very clear picture of how that small part of the wire drawing machine works. Once that picture is clearly communicated it becomes easier to expand on it to see the whole system. (I hope that is the case anyway. If not let me know and I will try and retool for the next presentation.) Taking that bit of time to find the right way to communicate can be the difference between a win and a loss.
My most rewarding success must be the startup of SDI LaFarga. Once we were up and running and I looked back I was amazed at the massive amount of work that I personally completed in that period. What we accomplished is awesome, it was often exhausting, a little scary and disheartening at times and it continues to be totally worth every bit of it and I love it!
I could go on and on but will stop. Hopefully, that answered your questions. Take care, stay safe and healthy. Hopefully we will get to meet and shake hands in Atlanta next year.
Matt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: Janice SwindellsErik A MacsHorace PopsAnand W BhagwatDavid P GzeshMatthew ReinoehlKevin DancyJack McAfee, JrCharles Richard GordonMr Bradley C AndrewsZach McAfeeJoao NoronaHuck HydeStacy Martin
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds

Gallery

Contact us

The Wire Association Int.

71 Bradley Road, Suite 9

Madison, CT 06443-2662

P: (203) 453-2777